Pages

Friday, November 28, 2014

DIY Christmas decorations



I would be lying if I said i didn't start decorating my room 2 weeks earlier! This year I am so anxious for the Christmas season that I decided to show you some crafts that I have made. I know this post is a little different from my previous posts (which you should totally check out by the way, they are kind of awesome), but interior design is also fashion. Just like the different styles in clothing, your home decor has the same variety of styles, which reflects who you are. This holiday season your bedroom, dorm, living room or whatever you are decorating, can show that you are a super festive person with these simple crafts. 



SHOPPING BAG DECOR

           MATERIALS
  • Shopping bag (The bag I used is from Bath & Body Works)
  • Scissors
  • Picture frame
  • Sticker letters (optional)
  1. Cut the front of the of the bag off, also removing the handles.
  2. Then cut a piece of the side of the bag off it is too small to fill the frame. If it is not possible get a piece of paper similar to the bag attach it to the bottom to fill up any empty gaps.
  3. Then if you would like to personalize the artwork take some sticker letters and write your name, sayings, messages, etc. TIP: try to use a color that matches the other colors in the design of your bag.
  4. Then place the finished product in the picture frame and VOILA it is as simple as that!
CANDY CANE SHOPPING BAG HANDLES 

MATERIALS
  • thin structured bag handles
  • scissors
  • red & green markers 
  1. Remember the handles we cut off in the beginning, now take them  and fold it in half.
  2. Cut the handle in the area you bent them 
  3. Now take red and green markers and draw diagonal stripes, creating a candy cane!
You can put these decorations anywhere in your house to add a custom festive vibe. Let me know if you try out any of these DIYs and if you like these types of posts, because I personally love DIYs. 

"It is never too early to start crafting for Christmas"

XOXO,
KD
*all ideas are my own & involve my shopping addiction :)*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe for more!